Saturday, August 14, 2004

The revenge of the stadium gods

I really was going to do stairs today, really that was the plan. However, when I got to the stadium it wasn't open and there were people with balloons clearly organizing some run to take place on the track. I quickly decided that I didn't want to deal with lots of people and a crowded stadium, so I came home and ran for 60 minutes and then walked for 60 minutes on the treadmill. The good news? I developed a cramp early in my run so I walked for 20 seconds until it went away and then I went back to running at a pace of 4.9 mph, I accidentally set the pace too fast and I maintained that speed for the rest of my run. That means I ran for seven minutes at 4.8 mph and fifty-three minutes at a pace of 4.9 mph. Now, according to my treadmill that means I am still running a mile in about 12 minutes and 30 seconds but I am begining to believe that I have got a shot at running a 10 minute mile by the end of this coming month. However, my legs are really tired from running for four days in a row so I am hoping that I can actually do the stadium tomorrow which works slightly different muscles and oddly enough almost acts as a respite from running. Anyway, I'm off to get things accomplished for the day, in my size 12 jeans which are comfier than I realized, I really need to clean up and get rid of some food I never got around to eating out of the refrigerator. Anyway, I'll be back later but I doubt that is a surprise.

No comments: