Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The automatic shut off valve

So, my body has developed this strange ability in the past few months. The ability to say to my brain "hey you stop eating now, I mean it" and I do stop eating. It is a wonderous strange thing to not eat more than makes you hungry without even thinking about it. The best recent example, my salad today for lunch had a ton of avocado in it, I think I put in half of a large avocado when I was making it because I was starving at the time. Now, we all know how much I love avocados. However, despite my insatiably love for the California Haas Avocado, my body filled up on salad really quickly and I ended up throwing away half of the avocado which I had put in the bowl. I think maybe I wasn't clear in that last sentence so once again, I threw 1/4 of an avocado down the disposal today. This is truly insanity for me. Yesterday, I had made popcorn as part of my dinner and I threw away three quarters of the bag, but this is not as mind blowing as the trashing of part of an avocado. Now, I am still losing weight pretty slowly despite this ability but I am okay with that fact. I am down to 174.2 as of today and hoping to be into the 173's by sometime next week. Hey, it may even be faster if I keep throwing food out right and left, although I am not sure that my soul will let me throw out any more avocado I may have to start storing the excess in a little baggie in the fridge although that can mess with the flavor of the wonderous green fruit. Now I just need to convince my body to drink more water and I will be doing really well on food for the week.

No comments: