Saturday, August 14, 2004

I think I'm weird

No, let me rephrase, I know I am weird but I think I'm weird when it comes to weightloss. Here's the thing, I have been reading a lot of random weight loss blogs and I have noticed a pattern, everyone loses control at some point (hey we're all human and I have definately lost control along the way) has a binge on foods they are trying to avoid and continues on their way after eating the candy/cake/or whatever. Everyone overeats occasionally which makes sense given the nature of the obsession which made a lot of us overweight in the first place, me included. My last binge, last week I ate a whole rather that half a bag of popcorn. My only real binge since starting this process over seven months ago, one party where I ate a lot of cheese and some cake. That party was back in May, there hasn't been a major slip up since. I just don't miss most of that food, I mean I have random cravings now and again but they don't last very long and I move on to other things. I think I am weird, I don't feel complacent, I don't feel deprived, this is just how I eat now. This is frankly odd for a girl who spent 26 years eating everything she could get her hands on and then going out and getting more. So, I thought maybe it wasn't just me and then I went and read a lot of stuff and I think I am strange and I wonder if I am in some weird Zen phase of weightloss which is going to come crashing down upon me in the near future. Then I think, a zen phase without cravings seven months into losing weight, c'mon that is ridiculous, any zen phase surely happened in the first few weeks. For example, as we all know I am entirely not zen about having to work out, how fast I lose weight, or the fact I am not a size 12 in dresses yet (although I am in pants, having worn my size 12 jeans all day buying a size 14 was a mistake because these are perfectly comfortable). However, I am zen about food, the thing I always thought would be the hardest about losing weight. This may explain why I haven't had ice cream, cake, candy, or bread other than croutons since May. Still maybe I am just weird and maybe I should be grateful about that, and I should definately stop rambling on now and go be active.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have a day or two that you slip and eat something that you know you shouldn't...don't beat yourself up. Just get back on track as soon as you can! You should feel so proud of yourself for getting into those size 12 jeans! woooooo hoooooo!!! Keep it up girlfriend! You rock!