Monday, August 09, 2004

The problem with saying things

I have to say that my first thought when I woke up this morning was that I should never announce on this blog that I am going to do certain things because then I have to do them. Then I stumbled out of bed, put on my shoes and went to the stadium like I said I would to make up for the fact it wasn't open on time yesterday. I was good right, and I probably wouldn't have gone if I had not said that I would here. See, the internet is a good and useful weight loss tool after all. However, the stadium was pretty hard this morning because I am definately coming down with something, I still have a rasp in my throat which I notice especially when working out and breathing hard. Anyway, I spent two hours at the stadium and then came home and lifted weights and did an ab workout. That worked out to 2.5 hours of exercise which was a little excessive but tomorrow is my day off so I can recover. Also, they didn't tow my car while I was working out which was nice, I always worry during the week because to use the stadium you have to park in what is technically permit parking and the university could tow you if they felt so inclined. Now, I doubt very much that they actually would, especially since they know that people park in that lot so they can use the stadium but I still worry. I have images of walking out of the stadium and discovering that my mother's car (which I am currently driving) has disappeared and I have to get it out of an impound lot just because I decided to climb stairs for two hours on a Monday morning. I should find something more constructive to worry about like the future of the Middle East but that is too complicated for my brain when I am exercising.

No comments: