Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I'm not going back again

Somedays I really have nothing to post here. Yet here I am anyway, posting away. So, my brother asked me today if I am going to my 10 year high school reunion (which I believe is actually next summer) and I had two thoughts, first that I am really old and second that I would not be caught dead at my high school reunion. I hated everything about high school, well with the exception of a few teachers and a couple of extracuricular activities. Mostly, I hated high school because it is never fun being the fat kid during your teenage years, kids (especially teenage girls) can be cruel and anything that makes you stand out is bad. Still, there is the momentary twinge in the back of my head that I could go back to high school as the skinny girl which would be new. However, I can't say that I care enough to do that, amazingly somewhere along the way I moved on and frankly I can barely remember the names of the people I went to high school with for four years. So I won't be going back because I don't have to go back and I'm not really interested in proving anything anymore and that is a relief. Now, my college 10 year reunion, I am so there, but then I really loved all of college and I can still remember the names of my classmates which is a plus. In the end, you can't go back again and sometimes that is a really good thing.

No comments: