Tuesday, August 31, 2004

A day without rest

So, normally I take today off to let my body recuperate. However, not this week, so I got up and ran for 50 minutes and walked for 60 minutes. The running part was really horrible and exhausting. Normally I have bits at about the 10, 20, and 30 minute mark where I relax into the running and it is not all that bad. Not today, today I think I just kept running out of some hidden masochistic streak I did not realize that lay within me. I even thought about running longer even though it was horrible and then decided that with three more straight days of working out coming up it was better to take it a little bit easy. Okay, maybe running for 50 minutes does not qualify as taking it easy but by that point I had been running for 40 minutes so it seemed silly to not finish up with a regular 50 minute run. Now, tomorrow will probably be just as bad physically but I think it will be better mentally because I will not be thinking constantly about the fact that it is supposed to be my day off which is what I was thinking today. Anyway, seven days of exercise down and three more to go and then I get a break for at least one day and maybe more depending on how things go over the weekend. So, now I am off to get some tasks accomplished for the rest of the day now that exercise is out of the way.

No comments: