Sunday, August 29, 2004

Normally I'd be excited that it is Sunday

However, not this week. I get excited because usually it means I have one more day of working out until I get to rest but this week I have to workout on Tuesday which is my rest day. My cousin is getting married next weekend and I am not sure how much exercise I will be able to get in, or what the food will be like, so I am picking up Tuesday as an extra workout day. I figure it is a form of insurance to help keep me on track. So, today instead of having one more day of working out before I rest, I have at least five more days of working out without a break. Frankly, I am feeling a bit whiny about the whole prospect but it does have to be done regardless. Today, I have already worked out, we did half the stadium and then I walked for an hour at a reasonably fast pace. Tomorrow it is back to running on the treadmill and weights, in fact I will probably run everyday this week. I am fine on food, but I have only had breakfast and a ton of water today. However, we are going to barbeque lamb tonight which should be really good and there is a ton of grilled chicken in the fridge so I can have a good salad for lunch. I don't expect food will be a problem until next weekend and I am only concerned then because there will be a lot of eating out but I am planning on being careful. This is the third wedding I am attending since I started losing weight and I haven't messed up horribly yet so I am not terribly concerned. Besides, I am taking workout clothing with me and I am sure that the hotel will have a gym I can use early in the morning. Clearly, I firmly believe in having advance plans for events, even if it means picking up an extra workout day long before the actual event. Still, Sunday is not as much fun as it is normally but that will only be true for a week.

No comments: